Gamma Nu Chapter – ANNOUNCEMENT
FREDDA WITHERSPOON NATIONAL SCHOLASTIC SCHOLARSHIP
Due January 22, 2022 (Received by Date)
Mailed or Sent On-line
San Francisco Bay Area High School Seniors
This scholarship requires a completed application. Download a MS Word or PDF application here.
IPL National SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2022 Form (Microsoft Word)
Iota Phi Lambda Sorority awards scholarships for scholastic achievement to African American female graduating high school seniors wishing to pursue a college degree in business related fields. The National Scholarship is held annually. Judging criteria will include academic performance/achievement, career aspirations, demonstrated leadership, and financial need.
Due to COVID-19 Restrictions, you may also submit your application documents by e-mail to address below. If you require any assistance, please contact the Chairperson listed at the end of the application.
- Candidate’s first occupational choice is in a business-related field.
- Candidate must be a female graduating high school senior.
- The college selected by the winner must be an accredited institution.
- Four $3000 regional scholarships and one $8000 national scholarship will be awarded annually.
Awards are sent to the selected college or university to be applied to the recipient’s tuition.
- The scholarship recipients will be officially notified in May 2022 by the National President-Elect.
- The scholarship recipients must provide proof of enrollment before funds are allocated.
The Application Packet must include the following:
- Student Application Form. Answer completely.
- Copy of Scholarship Contest Registration Form signed by student. Be certain to read and understands what you are signing.
- A current official/certified academic transcript with SAT or ACT scores (Waived due to COVID-19).
- Two letters of recommendations, E-MAILED TO CHAIRPERSON.
- A 300-500 word autobiographical essay that includes career aspirations, leadership experiences, and significant achievements, contributions to community, church, school.
- Family income documentation (Copy of the first page of the most recent IRS 1040, please redact SS number).
Must Be Received By: January 22, 2022
Mailed or Sent On-line